The federal government has terabytes of unexamined data that can help transform outcomes for students. The Strategic Data Project US Federal Data Fellowship will place postdoctoral researchers and senior data fellows in federal agencies to carry out exciting new data science and research projects to help unlock new insights about education.
A one-year research postdoctoral fellowship starting in the summer of 2021. The fellow will work at a US Federal Agency in Washington, DC and engage in research projects related to the department’s focus.
Postdoctoral Fellow Qualifications
Ideal candidates will be Ph.D. graduates with strong quantitative skills, research experience in public policy, education, economics, quantitative methodology, or similar fields.Candidates should have experience with large administrative data sets, data processing, statistical analysis, and familiarity working in R and/or Python.
Senior Data Fellow Qualifications
Ideal candidates will have a Ph.D. with at least ten years of relevant work experience, including designing and implementing large research projects in US public education. Experience in data science and proficiency in R and/or Python is required and experience with natural language processing and machine learning is preferred.
- Access to SDP trainings and resources
- Travel to and from Cambridge (when safe)
- Work with Harvard Faculty Mentors
- Live in the DC metro area and work with new data sources
Application Deadline and Details
Postdoctoral applicants should submit the following materials no later than May 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm EDT.
We will begin reviewing applications on May 16, 2021.
Applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of interest (2-3 pages)
- Unofficial copy of academic transcript(s)
- Two samples of writing, if not published, then of publishable quality (recent publication authored / lead-authored by the applicant)
- 3 confidential letters of recommendation sent directly from the references to email@example.com
Senior Data Fellow nominations should be submitted no later than May 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm EDT.
We will begin reviewing forms on May 16, 2021.
Nomination forms must include:
- Nominator and nominee contact information
- Nominee's CV or resume
- Letter of recommendation from nominator